Below you’ll find commonly needed forms for Parks College graduate students.
General Graduate Forms
- Annual Student Review (fillable or write-in) The University requires every graduate student conduct an annual review with their advisor to review progress and set goals. Students are welcome to use this suggested form or their department’s version.
- Petition to Amend the Graduate Program This form is to be used to change degree or major field of study.
- Form #20, Petition for Graduate Off-Campus Enrollment For students wishing to take a course off-campus as part of their degree program, they require prior approval with this form.
- Petition for Transfer of Graduate Credit This form is to be used to transfer in graduate credit. Hours used to earn a degree elsewhere are not eligible for transfer.
- Petition for Overload For students wishing to take more than the 9 credit hours a semester our program allows.
- Petition to Correct Course Credits For courses such as Thesis Research and Dissertation Research, students may select 0-6 hours when registering. Often, the wrong number of hours is selected. This form will help correct the number of hours registered after Banner no longer allows such changes.
Master of Science Forms
- M.S. Program of Study (fillable or write-in) All MS students should complete a Program of Study during their first semester, mapping out their degree plan until graduation. When major changes occur during the program, students should revise their Program of Study. In their final semester, students will complete a Final Program of Study.
- Master’s Thesis Proposal MS students complete this form when they propose their thesis to their committee. The completed form must also include any written proposal they provided to the committee.
Doctor of Philosophy Forms
- Petition for Advanced Standing in a Doctoral Program For doctoral students who have a previously earned Master’s degree, some credit may be eligible towards advanced standing.
- PhD Program of Study (fillable or write-in) All PhD students should complete a Program of Study during their first semester, mapping out their degree plan until graduation. When major changes occur during the program, students should revise their Program of Study. In their final semester, students will complete a Final Program of Study.
- PhD Qualifying Exam Forms and Instructions The Qualifying Exam is designed to determine if the student is prepared to continue PhD studies and carry on with research. Details of the exam are determined and administered by the department and Parks policy. For Engineering students, the Qualifying Exam is scheduled after 2 semesters. For Aviation students, the Qualifying Exam is scheduled after all coursework is completed, but before any dissertation research is started. After the Exam is administered and the examining committee has made a decision, they will complete the applicable results forms contained herein.
- Doctoral Oral Examination Otherwise known as the Proposal Defense, this form should be completed at least 2 weeks in advance of the Examination. The completed form should include the written proposal attached.
- Notification of Readiness for the Public Oral Presentation of the PhD Dissertation This form must be turned into our office at least 2 weeks in advance of the final Dissertation Defense.