Student Success Center
The Student Success Center can aid you in fulfilling your academic and career potential by providing intentional, developmentally appropriate opportunities for self-reflection and discovery. We encourage experiential learning and support students’ decision-making process in personal and academic choices.
Nobody said college would be easy, but when the going gets tough, we’ve got you covered.
- Highly qualified peer tutors are available to guide you through the challenges of many of SLU’s foundation level courses. No matter your major, there are tutors ready to help you navigate the required courses for all the school and colleges.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an academic assistance program that uses peer-assisted study sessions. SI sessions are regularly-scheduled, informal review sessions in which students compare notes, discuss readings, develop organizational tools and predict test items.
- University Writing Services is committed to the campus-wide improvement of student writing through one-on-one peer consultation, workshops and writing groups. Our goal is to improve the culture of writing on SLU's campus and to help you to identify yourself as a strong writer within your discipline.
You can schedule individual tutoring sessions and writing consultations through SLU appointments. No appointments are necessary for Supplemental Instruction sessions, simply show up at the scheduled time and location.
Disability Services partners with students, faculty, academic departments and service providers to ensure that you have equal access and opportunity to all University programs, services and experiences.
We coordinate aids and services to meet the needs of students with disabilities. Our goal is to create a safe and supportive campus community for all SLU students. All inquiries about the availability of university-related accommodations are kept confidential and should be addressed to Disability Services.
Student Success Coaching
Success Coaching is a type of personal coaching that assists you with the planning and completion of your academic goals. Like the coach in any sport, the student success coach's goal is to help you perform to the best of your ability.
Through a process of personal exploration and skill development, you will gain a better understanding of your academic strengths and challenges and work towards establishing both immediate and long-term goals resulting in improved academic achievement.
As educators focused on the holistic development of students, we take a values-driven approach to each student interaction and into the design of each service or program:
- Commitment to lifelong learning: Students demonstrate effective academic skills and behaviors and commit to the process of learning both in and out of the classroom.
- Experiential learning: Students engage in structured experiential learning and then take time to reflect upon those experiences.
- Personal responsibility: Students take personal responsibility for their academic and career aspirations, are thoughtful about their own behaviors and decisions, and are intentional about the goals they set and the means by which they plan to attain those goals.
- Meaningful relationships: We work to make students feel individually valued, including their personal identities and traits, and support them as they form meaningful interpersonal connections with others on campus.
of students that met with a Student Success Coach found it helpful.
writing consultation appointments in 2015-16.