The Center for Health Care Ethics offers summer intensive courses at Saint Louis University's campus in Madrid, Spain, and at Maynooth University's campus in Ireland.
The 2018 session is May 21 through June 7 and will be taught by Jeffrey Bishop, M.D., Ph.D. The course is open to all SLU students in all majors.
HCE/PHIL 3300: Bioethics and Human Nature Through Film (3 credits) 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
How to register
For more information on studying abroad in Madrid, contact the study abroad team at 314-977-2318. For questions regarding the course you can reach out to Adrienne McCarthy at 314-977-1060 or Jeffrey Bishop at email@example.com.
The 2018 session is May 21 through June 8 and will be taught by Tobias Winright, Ph.D. The course is open to all SLU students in all majors
HCE 3020: Foundations in Catholic Health Care Ethics (3 credits) 9 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday
Register for the summer session of HCE 3020: Foundations in Catholic Health Care Ethics (cross-listed with THEO 3930) through the St. Louis campus using Banner.
For non-slu students please reach out to our Study Abroad Team for how to register.
Your tuition for this course will be charged at the same rate you normally pay per credit hour.
$800, which includes:
- Housing for the three weeks (based on double occupancy)
- GeoBlue travel and medical insurance
- The classroom fee in Ireland
- Additional meals (lunch and dinner) cost approximately 10€ at the restaurants, coffee shops and pubs located within a short-walking distance
- Students need to arrange their own flights to Dublin Airport.